Vernon Aziah founded OG Fitness in early 2020. Within a few weeks, he had more clients than he knew what to do with. His charisma and passion oozes through everything he does. This helped him quickly become major influencer in the D.C Metropolitan fitness community. The only thing more impressive than the content he puts out are the results he achieves for his clients.
On many occasions, he’s helped clients drop multiple inches, gain tons of muscle, or lose dozens of pounds in ~30 days. Vernon is someone who takes pride in everything he does. He’s always looking for ways to serve his clients and community. Throughout the course of his business, he noticed a few bottlenecks in the client customer journey that he wanted to address:
- It’s hard to find the right trainer, there aren’t many well built platforms dedicated to this.
- Once you find a trainer, it’s hard to manage your relationship. Many resort to using text and instagram to send updates.
- This is overwhelming for trainers and disorganized for clients.
- The community and content they need to take their fitness journey to the next level. They can track their progress and connect with your trainer and other like minded people on the same journey.
- A dedicated platform to grow their brands, share content, create interactive workout plans, sell products, and manage clients/scheduling.
Next we used those people problems to frame the jobs to be done, which fed into the user flows and information architecture.
Then we bring it all together with a visual design that speaks to the brand ethos.
- Information Architecture and User Stories
We started by conducting a brainstorming exercise to design a customer profile to guide the process. It was important to align on the people problems we’re solving for before beginning the design.
Sometimes Alexis wants some inspiration throughout the day so she opens up the app to see content posted by her fitness community and trainer, just like a curated fitness instagram feed. She can use hashtags to filter through the content in case she wants to see transformation, meals, quotes, inspiration, etc.
In addition to workouts, she can also use the app for see people training near her, so that she can join in on group sessions based off of her schedule. She can also look thru all the meal photos posted by the community in case she wants ideas on what to cook next. Or she can search through the directory of trainers to find the trainer and program that’s right for her.
She should also be able to see her personal schedule and past sessions she’s attended. This way she has one to place to see her track record and book training as needed.
Trainers should be able to upload this content from their computer or their phone. This section outlines all of the content trainers will be able to upload into the app. This also shows the taxonomy of information and the different types of information that the app will process.
Everything about the brand and personality says strength, encouragement, striving. This is brought to life by:
- Vernon’s charisma, high energy, and desire to serve
- The Go-getter attitude of the entire OG tribe
- The accelerated and transformational results Vernon creates for his clients in record breaking time
- A dark themed and high-contrast design
- A strong, punchy and impactful font
- Creating movement throughout the design to speak to the “Active” theme.