Have visibility into pricing and inventory
Place, track, and manage order
Automate Repetitive Task
Sellers had no way to list or sell their products online
Buyers had no way to shop, compare, and place their orders
Our goal was to design a marketplace that would bring both parties together and streamline the value chain.
For the MVP, we focused on 4 key phases of the Customer Journey :
Search and Discovery
Consideration and Comparison
Purchase and Checkout
- Instead of requesting product catalogs from every vendor under the sun, we designed multiple ways for people to shop the platform.
- One of the most valuable spaces of real estate on any site is the home page header. This is also where you’ll get the most reach. It’s best practice to use this to delight, engage, or share pertinent information.
- For ecommerce sites, this is the best place for your most compelling sales offers. We capitalized on this by designing templates for featured vendors, products, and promotions
- If looking for something specific, you can search the entire platform or a specific category at your leisure. For maximum control, you can filter your results by: category, price range, rating, popularity, or recency.
- We also included a row of blurbs on the landing page for easy access to the top categories on the platform.
It was exciting thinking through how to design an MVP marketplace product. Given where the market is, there’s a lot of growth potential. It almost felt like we were laying the building blocks for the next Amazon of the Caribbean. It was also nice to get a change of pace from some of the marketing websites we’ve been doing and play around with something more complex.
We can’t wait to see how the platform continues to grow.